What was the 5th most impactful workshop you’ve ever been to?
If you’re like me, this is an almost impossible question to answer. While there are a very small number of workshops and learning experiences that have a long-lasting impression and impact upon us, most of us have been to dozens that just didn’t hit the mark.
What’s that all about? The harsh truth of it is that most workshops just aren’t designed for you – literally. They’ve been designed for the presenter – so that they can regale you with their best stories, show you their best slides and bewilder you with their best theories.
- how to manipulate context for higher engagement levels.
- how to bring the reluctant participants to the edge of key breakthroughs.
- how to make key points relevant and contextual.
- how to entertain without it being for entertainment’s sake.
- how to harness controversy and provocation as tools for progress.